Wednesday, January 20, 2010

A Great Love Story

This being my first attempt at an online blog, I am not quite sure where to begin. I am not even quite sure why I am starting a blog, because I don't really feel that I have a very interesting life to blog about. I do, however, have possession of the greatest gift ever given to mankind. I am a part of the most wonderful, exciting, and amazing love story of all time! It is the story of a King who loved His bride with such fervor and ardency that He gave His life so she could live free of bondage. I feel so blessed and treasured because I am the recipient of that love...I am that bride! My King is Jesus Christ, the Creator of the universe, and He died on a cross and paid for my sin and the sin of the whole world...all because He loved us. Wow. Beat that, romance novel writers!

When considering the love of my Savior, a verse from 1 John comes to mind:

"In this the love of God was manifested toward us, that God has sent His only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through Him." (1 John 4:9)

With that in mind, I guess I do have something special to blog about :)

As far as my normal life goes, I am busy finishing up a January term class at school. It was a three week study course for the Praxis II exam that I have to pass this spring to get my teaching license. I spent almost $35 on a book to help me study and have been using materials that my professor gave me in class and online, so hopefully I'll pass. I am not going to lie...I am still really nervous. I guess I don't quite feel like teaching material yet. I don't know. I wish I had more time to finish some of my education courses at school this semester, but I have to have my Praxis passed by August when I apply for student teaching in spring 2011. Oh, my, where did my life go? I feel like I just started college...

My work at a child development center is also keeping my busy. I have 16 little babies to love and cuddle with everyday, and I am certain I have been blessed with the most amazing job ever. It can be stressful and hectic when everyone is needing attention at the same time, but when you have some quiet moments alone with one of them while giving them a bottle or rocking them to sleep it's as if the whole world sort of stops. It is just you and them--this tiny, helpless little miracle. And they look up at you with such certainty...like you can't ever let them down. It's the best. I love my job :)

I am starting a study of Ephesians and have become very drawn to the use of the word "walk" in the short letter. I hope to post some of my thoughts on that soon. Unfortunately, my bathroom in the dorm is calling for a good cleaning, so I think I'd better get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment