Monday, February 1, 2010

Snow & Friends

Last Friday night (January 29), Matt, Teddy Tash, and I drove to my home Southeast Missouri through a blizzard...well, at least it felt like a blizzard! All of southbound Interstate 55 was covered with snow and there were big trucks every where blowing more snow at our car. I'm not going to lie--I was so nervous and was sitting in the backseat praying we would arrive safely, while Matt and Teddy sat up front as cool as a couple of cucumbers. Go figure. But, no worries, we did arrive safely, and the bonus of the mini blizzard was a great day of sledding Saturday out at The Gospel Chapel with my church family!


Courtney, Luana, Mom, and Dad at the bottom of the hill


Jessica and I coming up the hill


Luana and Ashton getting ready to slide down!


Chase having a good time.

My brother and Matt coming up the hill.


Matt holding Levi up after a ride down.


Nate getting some air off of the ramp!

We all had so much fun, even though we were battered and bruised from wiping out more often than not! I actually ended up with a knot on my chin from jumping on my brother's back and smacking the back of his head. I had trouble eating for the rest of the night because my jaw was sore, but I couldn't resist the warm chili and hot dogs, so I managed to work through the pain ;)

I cannot take any credit for these pictures because they were all taken by other people there on Saturday. I am currently without a working camera--it is on my "need to purchase" list. It is a very long list. I do love shopping...

Have a great week everyone! One final thought...
"But God, who is rich in mercy, because of His great love with which He loved us, even when we were dead in trespasses, made us alive together with Christ (by grace you have been saved)" Ephesians 2:4,5








1 comment:

  1. How fun Erica! We got tons of snow here that weekend, but never got a chance to go tubing/sledding - glad you were able too!
    p.s. i like shopping too :-)

    ReplyDelete